1955 Capital will aim to think different:
- Do invest in advanced technology from the Americas and Europe to help solve developing world challenges across energy, food, agriculture, health, and education. Don't invest only in “what’s hot” and tech with a “U.S. angle."
- Do serve as a cultural bridge by assisting Western management teams in evaluating and facilitating entry of their technologies in China and other emerging markets. Don't just advise companies to “focus, focus, focus” on the U.S. market and render frontier markets an afterthought.
- Do identify arbitrage opportunities across technology, regulatory, capital, and cultural arbitrage to maximize both impact and return. Don't follow the herd mentality common with many U.S. investors.
- Do identify strategic partners in China and other developing countries in each problem space to assist with cross-border execution. Don't ignore such partners out of fear of the unknown.
- Do attract and target progressive LP’s who are passionate about this approach and have the ability to add value for 1955 and portfolio companies and/or co-invest. Don't settle for just any investor.